GS1-128/EAN128 Barcode Generation on Word
- Seamlessly integrated into Microsoft Office Word 2007 and 2010
- All barcodes are freely customizable by setting size options, graphic properties, etc
- Output GS1-128/EAN128 barcodes on all printers without any hardware extensions
- No extra barcode fonts are necessary for GS1-128/EAN128 printing
- No requirement of programming skill or barcode knowledge
- Checksum digit can be shown or hidden after GS1-128/EAN128 data characters
- Easy integration into Mail-Merge function of Word documents
- Provide high usability and maximum convenience for GS1-128/EAN128 creation on Word
Word GS1 128 Add-In is a mature barcode solution of EAN 128 for Microsoft Office Word documents. It is easy to use and implement for users even without any programming skill or barcode knowledge. Complete functions for EAN 128 creation on Word are available in an intuitive barcode setting panel. Thus, bar width and height, Image width and height, barcode rotation angle, bar alignment, etc are freely customizable with this panel.
GS1 128 Add-In for Word - GS1-128/EAN128 Information
UCC/EAN-128, an application standard of the GS1 implementation using the Code 128 barcode specification, was designed to provide a worldwide format and standard for exchanging common data between companies. While other bar codes simply encode data with no respect for what the data represents, UCC/EAN-128 encodes data and encodes what that data represents.
Code 128 Valid Encoding Characters:
- All ASCII 128 characters from value 0 to 127
- Extended ASCII 128characters from 128 to 255 in accordance with ISO 8859-1
GS1 128 Add-In for Word - GS1 128 Generation
GS1 128 Add-In can be mainly used to generate a single GS1 128 on word document, insert GS1 128 for Mail-Merge on Word and create GS1 128 barcode labels. Detailed information will be shown as below:
Before implementing GS1 128 Add-In for Word, you need to install:
- Microsoft Office 2007 PIA
- .NET Framework 3.5 SP1
- Windows Installer 3.1
- VSTO 3.0 Runtime SP1
- Avapose.Barcode for Word
Insert a Single GS1 128 on Word Document
- Open your target Word document and click "Create Barcode" under "Add-Ins" tab to activate Word Barcode Add-In. A barcode setting panel pops up immediately for implementation;
- Move your mouse cursor to the target position of Word document;
- Implement barcode setting panel by selecting "GS1 128" in the "barcode type" pull-down list;
- Input the data to be encoded in the "data" box, like "(00)12345678" or "~ai20012345678";
- Customize the properties that are required like bar width and height, image width and height, margins, bar alignment, orientation, etc;
- Click "Generate" to display the target barcode image in the target position of Word.
If there is some requirement to customize the generated barcode, please select it and adjust the needed parameters in the setting panel. After that, click "Update". Alternatively, you can remove the barcode by clicking "Delete" button and generate a new one.
Generate EAN 128/GS1-128 in Mail-Merge for Word
- Open the target Word document and activate Word Barcode Add-In;
- Switch to "Mailings" tab in the menu bar and click "Select Recipients";
- Type a new list or use an existing one by selecting related option in the pull-down list;
- Implement the barcode setting panel by selecting barcode type of "GS1 128", inputting data to be encoded and adjusting the needed parameters;
- Click "Generate" to insert the target barcode to the main document;
- Switch back to "Mailings" tab and click "Finish & Merge". After that, you may:
- Merge to new document to edit individual documents.
- Print out or scan the barcodes to verify whether the data is encoded correctly.
- Send email messages directly.
Create GS1 128 Labels for Word
- Open the target Word document and activate Barcode Add-In for Word;
- Switch to "Mailings" tab and click "Labels" in the pull-down list of "Start Mail Merge";
- Select the style of the table in the pop-up window and click "OK";
- Implement barcode setting panel to insert a GS1 128 to the first label;
- Click "Update Labels" and all the rest labels are automatically filled with the same barcode;
- Click "Finish & Merge" at last.
Related GS1-128 Products & Information
The following GS1-128 products and GS1-128 barcode creating information links relate to this product that may be of interest to you: